How to get there - From the Konnarock Training School, follow VA 603 (Konnarock Rd) 1.8 miles to the village of Konnarock.
For history lovers - Konnarock was a sawmill community. The Hassinger family moved their sawmill equipment from Pennsylvania and operated a sawmill here. The last log was sawn on December 24, 1928. The white two story building was the company store (now a private residence). Several original residences survive. A spur railroad line connected the mill with the Virginia-Carolina Railroad at Creek Junction. The Virginia-Carolina is now the Virginia Creeper Trail, a popular cycling trail stretching from Abingdon to Whitetop.